Sunday, 9 October 2016

- September: Movies, blogs and books -

Hello, again!

The week has passed and it's Sunday now. Whoa, honestly, the time is flying too fast. And I swear, even one blink and it's Christmas. Then you blink again and then it's summer. Is it just me, or when You get older, time is passing even more quicker than it did when You were younger? 

Anyways- today I wanted to write about some movies, blogs and books what I have come across to and I have really loved them. SO- I thought You , loveliest of them all, would love my picks as well!!

The first category is: MOVIES

Yesterday, we went to see the new "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" and it was absolutely amazing and insane and.. oh my marshmallow. It was just amazing. 
If you have read the books by Ransom Riggs, then You should know what the movie is about, but when You haven't read the books, then OH- MY- MARSHMALLOW go and get the bloody book. 
Honestly- its a "must read". 👌

Anyways. It's about a boy called Jacob or Jake, if You will, and he is living in the US. 
After his grandad's death, he isn't very "well" and after finding his grandad's old letters and pictures, he travels to a little island near Wales. 
He visits the Peculiar Children and their headmistress Miss Alma Perergrine.
(The text you're going to read now, is from IMDB)
When Jacob discovers clues to a mystery that stretches across time, he finds Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. But the danger deepens after he gets to know the residents and learns about their special powers.

I don't want to spoil everything, but.. well, you need to read/see the books/movie and find everything out yourselves. 😊

A while ago, I saw this movie in a review, in YouTube I believe, and I absolutely needed to get it.
Basically because of the main character, Rosie, who is played by my fave Lily Collins. She is absolutely amazing and her eyebrowzzzz... oh, my, marshie.
Anyways, there are two characters in there, Rosie and Alex who have been best friends since they were 5, so they couldn't possibly be right for one another...or could they? When it comes to love, life and making the right choices, these two are their own worst enemies. (I copied it from IMDB.)
Basically, I fell in love to this movie, because it's so lighthearted and so nice and cute and just.. ahh..
Okay. You need to watch it. 
I am not going to spoil everything, so.. WATCH IT!!

3. "Alice through the looking glass" 
Oh, my. Okay. I am a Hhhhuuuuuggeeee lover of Lewis Carroll and his "Alice in Wonderland" and "Alice through the looking glass" books, SO I have seen the "Alice in Wonderland" movie and I absolutely LOVED it. And I freaked out when the "Alice through the looking glass" came out, because I was so excited! Oh my.. So we went to see it and it was one of the coolest movies, I have ever seen. I cried SSSO hard, to be fair. 😂
But, the movie was so great, it was a perfect amount of crazyness and.. ahh.. Loved it.
(Copied from IMDB)
Alice returns to the whimsical world of Wonderland and travels back in time to help the Mad Hatter.


The second category:    BLOGS

Well, I know. It's a bit lame to do stuff like this, but I honestly love reading other people's blogs. AND I love reading blogs what talk about books and etc. ☺
So- I picked out three of my favourite Blogs to share with you! Here they are!:

1. Paperfury
A bookish blog, gives you book- reviews and COMMENTS BACK EVERY TIME. Ohmymarshie, this has been my fave blog for the whole September. 😉
Honestly- If you a re looking for a great bookblog, then I suggest you to check this one. 😁

2. The Pink Traveller
A travel, beauty, lifestyle and career blog, which I have quite much enjoyed reading and watching in September. Honestly, my fave post is about "8 simple ways to reduce stress" Be sure to check it out!

3. Poppy Deyes
A food, travel, art and lifestyle blog by a SUPER ADORABLE young woman, called Poppy.
Her blog is full of positivity and amazing quality- pictures. Be sure to check it out!!
The third category:  BOOKS

Yeah, we all knew that I was going to make it to here at some point. ☺
I picked out 3 books what I have just ADORED in September, so I hope You can enjoy them too!

1. "Everything, Everything"
It's a book by Nicola Yoon. (The text You are going to read now is copied from a booksite)
The girl who lived in a bubble - and the boy next door. 
Madeline Whittier is allergic to the outside world. So allergic, in fact, that she has never left the house in all of her seventeen years. But when Olly moves in next door, and wants to talk to Maddie, tiny holes start to appear in the protective bubble her mother has built around her. Olly writes his IM address on a piece of paper, shows it at her window, and suddenly, a door opens. But does Maddie dare to step outside her comfort zone? 

Honestly- YOU NEED TO READ IT!!! 😊

2. "Finding Sky"
It's a book by Joss Stirling. (The text You are going to read now is copied from Amazon.co.uk)
When English girl Sky catches a glimpse of bad boy Zed in her new American high school, she can't get him out of her head. He talks to her with his thoughts. He reads her mind. He is the boy she will love for ever. 
Shadows stalk her past but a new evil threatens her future. She must face the dark even if it means losing her heart. Will Sky have the strength to embrace her power and be brave enough to control her own destiny, or will the demons of her past prevent her from realizing her true potential? 

I have literally read it EVERY evening in September. It's addicting and wonderful. Ohmymarshie. 😁

It's a book by Gayle Forman. (The text You are going to read now is copied from Amazon.)
Everybody has to make choices.
Some might break you.
For seventeen-year-old Mia, surrounded by a wonderful family, friends and a gorgeous boyfriend decisions might seem tough, but they're all about a future full of music and love, a future that's brimming with hope. 
But life can change in an instant.
A cold February morning . . . a snowy road . . . and suddenly all of Mia's choices are gone. Except one.
As alone as she'll ever be, Mia must make the most difficult choice of all.
Haunting, heartrending and ultimately life-affirming, If I Stay will make you appreciate all that you have, all that you've lost - and all that might be.
This book is full of tears, good vibes and warm feeling what can change into a shock. But You must read it. It's worth it. 

SO- That's all!

I am going to see you again next week! Thank you so much for reading!

Lots of love!
Tight hugs!!

xo

Rosie 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, I love finding new movies books and blogs like this! You have such a lovely blog here, I am so glad to have come across it! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad You like it!!
      I have been reading Your blog every now and then as well! (I really like it. Your last post was very honest and really cool!)

      Lots and lots of "'thank you's"
      x
      Rosie

      Delete